Nagarkot Sunrise Tour with Day HikingNagarkot to Changunarayan Temple day hike from Kathmandu || Extermly Popular ||
Nagarkot sunrise tour with day hiking to Changunarayan Temple is a specially designed package for nature loving travelers. This Nagarkot hike from Kathmandu is one of the most exciting and popular day tours with fabulous mountain view. The Himalayan sunrise and beautiful walk through the pristine forest of rhododendron, pines, and oaks are the major attractions of this tour. The snow-capped mountain views and Newari villages will give you a precious memory that will stay in your heart for a long time to come.
Everest Vacation provides a day hike with the sunrise tour in a serene and wonderful environment outside the valley rim. A day hike of 3-4 hours to famous touristic spot at Nagarkot with an elevation of 2,175 meters high. From the top of Nagarkot, where stands the view and observatory tower you can enjoy the majestic scenic views to your fullest.
We will start with a short drive from Kathmandu leading North East on the pristine road passing exciting villages and towns of Thimi and Bhaktapur. Then we head for a climb with tremendous views of Bhaktapur city and Kathmandu valley’s green farmlands and spread out farm villages. After an hour of a rise on the narrow winding road, we reach a famous viewpoint of Nagarkot. Nagarkot is one of the great destinations near the valley that is great for walking.
Nagarkot is situated at 2,175 meters of elevation, and this ramp provides you a grandstand panorama of the Himalaya. You can see five of the world’s tallest mountains – Everest (8,848m.), Lhotse (8,516m.), Cho Oyu (8,201m.), Makalu (8,463m.) along with their ranges of numerous small peaks. The snow peaks look striking and fabulous in both sunset and sunrise. Nagarkot: surrounded by terraced hillsides and picturesque farmhouses is a piece of the Zion in the earth.
From Nagarkot start walking downhill passing through several rural farmlands with terraces and then you will reach a nice area with a temple of Shiva. This spot is also in a peaceful environment and a perfect setting for your short rest here. Continue to walk to Telkot, a roadside village and then leave the main motorable road onto the dirt tracks through the pristine forest of rhododendron, pines, and oaks. The view of the snow-capped mountain towards the north distance wherever you set your foot on.
After a nice pleasant walk, you’ll reach a small medieval period Newari villages where you can experience the village life. The life here is unchallenged and unchanged from modernization as it was for past many centuries. These settlements will take you towards the Changunarayan area. A short walk on steps passing many small souvenir shops and restaurant leads into an old temple complex of Changunaryan. Changunarayan temple is a unique ancient temple, one of the oldest in Nepal with the history that dates back during Lichiva period.
Changunaryan temple, perched on a hill is also in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites list. A scenic spot situated at the altitude of about 1,700 meters, just above north of Bhaktapur. The temple is believed to be the oldest of all the temples of Nepal. It is said to have built by King Hari Datta Verma in 323 A.D., And most authentic inscription locates in Changu Narayan dates back 464 AD. The Changunarayan temple is endorsed to the King Lichavi King Mandeva. The wood and stone carvings in the temple are also sublime, and one can analyze the level of artwork of the most exceptional artist of that time.
After a wonderful time here and a nice hike from Nagarkot to Changunaryan Temple, drive back to Kathmandu the same day with an optional tour of Bhaktapur.
- Pickup from your hotel at 4:30AM in the morning.
- Drive 32KM from Kathmandu to Nagarkot Hill (2175m.)
- Sunrise views with panoramic mountain
- Take you at restaurant for Breakfast.
- Start hiking from Nagarkot Village
- Complete hike through the pine forest and small Newari villages.
- Observe Changunarayan Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Monument)
- Take a lunch and drive back to Kathmandu
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Nagarkot and Changunarayan Temple to your hotel Kathmandu by private car and driver.
- Breakfast and Lunch with tea/ coffee or soft drinks.
- Changunarayan entrance fee (it is world heritage site by UNESCO).
- One experience hiking guide.
- Guide salary and his meals.
- Driver salary and his meals
What's not included?
- Bhaktapur durbar square sightseeing fees (Optional)
- Tips or gratitude for hiking guide and driver.
- Personal expenses
Optional / Extended / Alternate Activities
- Helicopter Tour to Everest Base Camp - 4-5 hours
- Mountain Flight over Mt. Everest Area - 1 hour
- 1 day Kathmandu sightseeing Tour - 4-8 hours
- Kathmandu, Bhaktapur & Patan Tour - 2 days
- Kathmandu Valley with Nagarkot Sunrise/Sunset Tour - 4 days