Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing at EBC KalapatharCharter Helicopter Tour to Mount Everest | Chopper ride to Mount Everest Base Camp || Extermly Popular ||
Our fascinating Everest base camp helicopter tour commences with landing in the highest viewpoint of EBC Kalapatther (5,555 meters) for the best view of Mount Everest. This trip is on a chopper to the world’s highest valley of Khumbu and Mount Everest Region. Everest Helicopter Tour gives you a chance to experience the tallest mountain in the world from the comfort of a helicopter instead of the long and difficult trek of Everest base camp.
Heli Trip Duration/Time: 3:00 to 5:00 hours
Landing Spot of Helicopter: Kalapathar(Everest Base Camp) 5,555m, Everest View Hotel for Breakfast & Lukla (Edmund Hillary Airport) for fueling.
Route of Everest Base Camp helicopter tour: Kathmandu Airport to Lukla then Namche Bazaar, Pheriche, Gorakshep and Mt. Everest Base Camp, Kalapathar and return to Everest view hotel then to Lukla and continues to Kathmandu.
WE OFFER ONLY PRIVATE HELICOPTER TOUR, MAXIMUM 5 TRAVELERS CAN DO AT A TIME. IT DEPENDS ON WEIGHT OF TRAVELERS TOO. THERE ARE MANY FACTORS TO CHOOSE PRIVATE HELICOPTER TOUR THAN GROUP JOINING TOUR
About Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Fly over the highest peak in the world, including Mount Everest and other ranges.
- Set foot on Kalapatthar (5550m), from where you can see the awesome views of Mount Everest(8848m), Lhotse(8516m), Nuptse(7861m), Amadablam and more
- Enjoy the view of many 7000 to 8000-meter peaks including world highest Mt. Everest. It sure will be your experience of a lifetime.
- Aerial view of Everest Base Camp, Khumbu Glacier, Khumbu Icefall, Gokyo Lakes.
- Breakfast at Everest View Hotel surrounded by snowy walls of Himalayan giants.
Early morning depart from your respective hotels to Kathmandu domestic airport for the amazing trip of Everest base camp helicopter. This mind-blowing and wonderful helicopter flight towards Mt. Everest Base Camp starts from there. Soon after taking off from the airport we see the high panoramic view of the Kathmandu valley, followed by small villages, and green hills. We have a view of an awesome parallel range of snow-capped mountains. The major peaks are towards west Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, and Jugal Himal. As the flight continues more views of mid-east and far eastern Himalayan peaks of Mt. Gaurishankar, Melung Tse, Numbur, Cho-Oyu & more comes into the frame.
Everest Base Camp helicopter tour reaches to Lukla 2,820 meters high and can stop a helicopter for fueling. From here, we get the best views of Kwangde peak and lower valley. The flight continues heading to famous Namche Bazaar 3,440 meters high “Sherpa Capital“. After Namche, we will be heading towards a scenic and renowned spot at Tyangboche Monastery located at 3,867 meters of altitude. From this hill, we can enjoy the panorama view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Lhotse Shar, Kangtega, Thamserku, and Kwangde. The close views of the stunning peak of Ama Dablam is a treat to your senses. From here head towards Pheriche where the tree lines fade in the barren landscape.
Find the video tour of Everest base camp helicopter tour here.
Why Should You Choose Everest Helicopter Tour?
- Everest Heli Tour gives you a chance to experience the tallest mountain in the world from the comfort of a helicopter instead of a long and difficult trek.
- Visit Everest Region without paying a huge and unnecessary amount of money that one would spend during the trek.
- Fly near or above Mount Everest (8848m) and also enjoy the Bird’s eye view of 7000m to 8000m peaks– Lhotse(8516m), Nuptse(7861m), Makalu (8,481m), Cho Oyu(8201).
- Exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world, Tenzing-Hillary Airport (2,845m) in Lukla and experience the view of Everest region, Kala patthar and savor 360-degree views of Himalayan Peaks.
- View of radically weather changes, up in the mountains.
Cost of Private Helicopter Tour to Everest Base Camp
Daily flights for private Everest base camp helicopter tour with landing at Kalapatther (5,555m.) and experience high altitude breakfast at Everest View Hotel.
- 5 Pax or more – US$1,190.00 Per Traveler
- 4 Pax – US$1,390.00 Per Traveler
- 3 Pax – US$1,600.00 Per Traveler
- 2 Pax – US$2,495.00 Per Traveler
- 1 Pax – US$4,790.00 Per Traveler
Note: We need to calculate the weight of the passengers so please mention your weight for the helicopter flight to Everest during your inquiry.
A helicopter can lift only 3 person at a time in Everest base camp due to high altitude. So, if more then 3 pax, it may have to do a shuttle from Pheriche or Shyangboche.
With a view of this area, we continue to our main destination at Mount Everest Base Camp at 5,367 meters altitude. We fly over Khumbu Icefall and glaciers. During the climbing season, this place is flooded with camping tents and climbers. Here you will have an exciting moment with stopping on the way to Kala pathar where views of Mt. Everest can be seen at the close distance with Mt. Pumori towards North. After having a short, fascinating time here of helicopter tour to Everest base camp, we continue flight back to Everest view hotel for short break and take breakfast with the views of Mt. Everest. Then fly to Kathmandu and transfer back to the hotel. This wonderful and overwhelming time of about 3-4 hours in the lap of worlds highest peak Mt. Everest will be your lifetime experience and the stories about these majestic destinations for your friends and family.
- 6:00 am pickup from hotel.
- 6:30 am at airport.
- 7:00 am helicopter take up.
- 1 stop at Lukla for fueling
- 1 stop at Pheriche for shuttle, if more than 3pax (helicopter leave 2 pax there, Pheriche stop approx 20 minutes use to take photos of surrounding mountain and high elevation lifetime experiences. After back 2 pax from everest base camp, turn for next two pax for everest base camp landing.)
- 1 stop at Syangboche Everest View Hotel for half an hour for breakfast and amazing mountain views.
- Back to Kathmandu airport.
- Drop you at hotel by our vehicle.
Recent Experience by Emily Carpio:
MOUNT EVEREST HELICOPTER DAY TOUR- NEPAL 2020 LIFETIME EXPERIENCE 2020 NEPAL LIFETIME EXPERIENCES #VNY2020
The Mount Everest Helicopter Day Tour with three (3) Landing on the last base camp from the Summit is probably one of the most exciting tour in the World. This tour in Nepal takes you from your hotel that rolls to Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu with a Helicopter, flying across the Himalayan range which presents you with the snow-capped mountain vistas around 5-7 hrs depending on the weather condition in which during our time Temperature is neg -27C with a very-very-very thin air at Mount Everest.
There upon you will be landing at Lukha for fueling, then you will fly and across Namche Bazar, Syngoche, Tengboche and Everest Base Camp .Its once in a lifetime opportunity that you admire the beauty of Mount Everest and our Helicopter landed again at Kalapattar, (after we had some coffee on the second base camp). Kalapattar (5545 / 18192ft) provides the best view fronting Mount Everest (8,848m or 29012 ft), Pumori(7,161m), Ama Dablam (6,812m), Lhotse (8,516m), Choyu (8,201m), Nuptse (7,861m)and thousands of snow capped peaks.
During our Highest Landing Only the Pilot and three of us Family my husband Danny, my Son CJ and me were allowed due to limited weight (max 220kg) due to the high altitude. We are only given less than 20 minutes to stay in the highest point coz its very very very hard to breath. Our Pilots use Oxygen during the entire flight. When we reach on the Base Camp again for landing and waiting for another Helicopter, breakfast were serve at Everest View Hotel while Warming ourselves with the Chimmey.
My heartfelt thanks to Everest Vacation Agency in Nepal the owner - Netra as an instrument in fulfilling our Dreams.
To our Tour Guide Dipak who is always with us from the very start until the end of our tour to the airport and for being very kind and hospitable assisting all our needs, tours, accommodation and everything. Words can't describe how grateful we are during the entire tour including Pokhara and Chitwan and to our co- tour guide as well. and to our Driver tyvm. https://www.facebook.com/emilyemil.carpio/media_se...
Primarily used for helicopters in Nepal are rescue purposes at higher altitude. So first priority for rescue. If the need arises and there is a call for rescue during Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour, the helicopters would need to make a rescue trip. Depending upon the rescue sometimes the guest might have to wait for more than 1 hour. The guests can meanwhile soak in the glory of the majestic Himalayas from Lukla or Everest View Hotel.
- Car/van transportation to and from the domestic airport and hotel in Kathmandu.
- Escorting guide for this Everest flight.
- Private helicopter for 4 hours.
What's not included?
- Everest national park fees, now USD 34 or equivalent to local Nepalese rupees.
- Breakfast at Everest view hotel.
- Gratitude / Tips to guide and driver.
Our Fleet/Helicopter Technical Specifications:
Model: AS350b3e, AS350 FX II, AS350 FX II, AS350 BA , AS350 H125 ( Formally known as AS350 B3e)
Manufacturer: Air Bus, France
Engine Type: Arriel 2D, LTS – 101 – 700D2, Arriel 1B, Arriel 2D
Maximum operating altitude: 23,000 FT, 16,000 FT
Key Features: Roomy cabin with wide windows offering best views, Dual control, Comfortable seats.
Our helicopter outclasses all other helicopters for performance, versatility, safety and competitive acquisition and maintenance costs. It excels in hot conditions and very high altitudes. The features are easy take-off and land in small space and marginal weather conditions, these helicopters are simply the best in the industry and the safest way to enjoy Everest Base Camp mountain flights and all sorts of helicopter services.
Travelling in 2020
A truly wonderful service!
I had one of the best helicopter tours ever. It was an adventurous and exciting tour over the Himalayas. Our goal was to fly over to the Everest Base Camp. Landing on the Kalapatthar peak was amazing and the views of Everest were breathtaking from here. Also, the Gokyo lakes and other beautiful peaks were amazing. Everything went exactly according to the plan smoothly. Thank you Mr. Netra a lot for arranging this Everest Heli tour.
Travelling in 2017
Steve, California, USA
It was a great flight
Everything went smoothly during our Everest Helicopter flight. No problem at all with the helicopter service. It was a great flight. We are very satisfied customers and will have no reservations about recommending this company to any of our friends who may be considering visiting this beautiful country Nepal.
Thank you for arranging everything! Well done all around!
Travelling in 2017
Eric, United States
Surpassed our expectations!
Thank you for everything.
The experience surpassed our expectations! The staff, helicopters, and mountains were all incredible. We really enjoyed the stop at Everest View Hotel too.
Thank you again!
FAQs for Helicopter Tour Everest
- Would you able to specify the tentative hours for a day tour of helicopter?
Answer: We won’t be able to specify the exact number of hours as it will rely on a lot of factors. To give you a thought, suppose 4 to 5 hours.
- What number of travelers are required for Everest helicopter tour?
Answer: Private flight each day is available, no matter 1 pax or more but group joining flight depends on availability. Maximum capacity of a helicopter 5 travelers at a time.
- What to Expect from heli tour?
Answer: While arriving at Kalapatthar (Hightest view point of Everest base camp) is most significant because this view point presents whole huge peaks including Mt Everest from close distance.
- Everest Base Camp Weather & Climate?
Answer: Climate depends upon season, but the Everest Base Camp by Helicopter flight can be visited all over the year. Regularly the climate remains clear in the morning time all over the year.
- What happens in case of bad weather and flight didn’t take off? Answer: In case of bad weather, helicopter won’t take off from Kathmandu Airport and you will get your full refund. If you have other flexible time then your tour may be postponed for following days.
- How long-time landing at Kalapatthar and Everest View Hotel? Answer: Basically, when arriving at Kalapathar, the Helicopter engine will be keep running because of high elevation. So approximately you will have 10 minutes time. You will have around half an hour time (Landing) at Hotel Everest View for breakfast.
- If any emergency, is there Oxygen available on helicopter and kids can take flight?
Answer: Yes, the helicopter you ride in has a stock of supplementary oxygen, in case the altitude gets to you. Your children (over 6 years) and any old visitors easily can take this trip with no issues.
- What is the best time of year to take a helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp?
Answer: The best time to take a helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp is during the spring and autumn seasons (March to May and September to November) when the weather is generally clear and stable.
- What are the safety measures taken during the helicopter tour?
Answer: The helicopter tour operator follows strict safety protocols, including regular maintenance of helicopters, experienced pilots, and adherence to aviation regulations to ensure a safe journey.
- Are there weight restrictions for passengers on the helicopter?
Answer: Yes, there are weight restrictions for passengers on the helicopter to ensure proper weight distribution and flight safety. Please inquire about specific weight limits with us.
- What is the total flight distance covered during the tour?
Answer: The total flight distance covered during the helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp is approximately 200 kilometers.
- Can I see Mount Everest from the helicopter during the tour?
Answer: Yes, you will have the opportunity to see Mount Everest and other breathtaking Himalayan peaks during the helicopter tour.
- How long do we get to spend at Everest Base Camp during the tour?
Answer: The time spent at Everest Base Camp during the helicopter tour is usually around 10 minutes, and 30-45 minutes in Everest View Hotel.
- Is it possible to see other Himalayan peaks during the tour?
Answer: Absolutely, besides Mount Everest, you will also get to see other prominent Himalayan peaks like Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, and more.
- What is the cost of the helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp?
Answer: The cost of the helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp may vary depending on the tour package and the number of participants. Please check with the us for specific pricing.
- Do I need to make advance bookings for the tour?
Answer: Yes, it is advisable to make advance bookings for the helicopter tour, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- What should I wear during the helicopter tour?
Answer: Dress in comfortable and warm layers. Everest area is very cold in any seasons.
- Are there any age restrictions for participants in the tour?
Answer: There is no age restrictions for safety reasons, so please check with us about age requirements before booking.
- Can I take photographs and videos during the tour?
Answer: Yes, you are encouraged to take photographs and videos during the tour to capture the stunning views.
- Is the tour suitable for people with health conditions?
Answer: It is advisable to consult with a medical professional before taking the helicopter tour, especially if you have any pre-existing health conditions.
- Are there any specific permits required for the helicopter tour?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to purchase Sagarmatha(Everest) national park permits required for the helicopter tour, such as national park entry permits. We will assist you in obtaining the necessary permits.
- Do I need to bring any personal items for the tour?
Answer: Bring essentials like a valid ID, camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, and any personal medications you may require.
- How experienced are the pilots conducting the tour?
Answer: The pilots conducting the helicopter tour are highly experienced and trained in mountain flying and aviation safety.
- Is there an age limit for children to participate in the tour?
Answer: There are no age restrictions for children except below 6 years. Please inquire with us about age limits.
- Can I request a private helicopter tour for a group?
Answer: Yes, we always encourage private helicopter tours for you and your groups. Contact the us to discuss your group's specific needs.
- Are there any additional activities included in the tour package?
Answer: Yes, Luxury breakfast at a high-altitude at Everest View hotel.
- What type of helicopter is used for the Everest Base Camp tour?
Answer: The type of helicopter used for the Everest Base Camp tour can vary, but it is generally a modern and well-maintained aircraft (Model: AS350b3e, AS350 FX II, AS350 FX II, AS350 BA , AS350 H125 ( Formally known as AS350 B3e).
- Can I book the tour online, and what are the payment options?
Answer: Yes, we allow online bookings, and payment options via credit/debit cards, bank transfers etc.
- Is transportation to and from my accommodation included in the tour?
Answer: Yes, we include transportation to and from your accommodation.
- What are the cancellation and refund policies for the helicopter tour?
Answer: Cancellation and refund policies are easy for the helicopter tourist. If cancelled by the helicopter company, we will refund full except bank fees. If you cancelled by yourself and very near the travel date, we have some cancellation fees. Contact us for the more details about payment and cancellations.